The educational research network of Auroville is being set up with 15km of Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) to 17 building clusters. This will be completed by December 2015 but covers about 15% of Auroville.
The next part of the project is to connect other buildings, units and residences and provide community services such as:
· Community wide (intercom) telephony
· Broadcast of AV Radio & TV, meetings, seminars and events
· Tele-services in education, health care and outreach
· Audio/ Video/ Web conferencing / Community browsing centres to make the services available to one and all
· E-surveillance of sensitive mobility areas
· Digital archives
The goal of this project is to create a platform to:
1. Enable borderless participation and collaboration in manifesting the Dream
2. Provide eco-friendly alternatives to travel within Auroville and outside
3. Expand the presence of Auroville beyond the geographical area of the City
Implementing this project by 2018 creates a new window to make Auroville belong to the whole of Humanity during the 50th Anniversary of Auroville.
Network Team: Anand, Chandresh, Dyuman, JV (Remote Participation) and Manu
To download the Power Point presentation Click Here.