Lively and vibrant young Trishala shares with us her enthusiasm over volunteer work with Integral Animal Care just behind Edayanchavadi, and before Red Earth Riding School. Since she got a break at school she have decided to spend this time something different, wanted to be useful. And since the whole family was visiting Auroville at the time of the cyclone Thane, Trishala was very much inspired by The Dream, and by so many different possibilities to learn, to grow, and to actively participate, to see different perspectives.
Friday, 27 April 2012
Listen now to a taste of Bulgarian cross-cultural music played by Nicolai and Marina on a variety of instruments and vocalism...along with an invitation for tonights Bharat Nivas concert at 7:30. STRAW (Auroville Stray Relief and Animal Welfare) continues sterilization camps for stray dogs in the surrounding villages. Christina Anding, a certified stop-smoking coach offers a stop-smoking workshop of 4-hour duration incorporating a variety of techniques transforming smokers into lifelong non-smokers.
Monday, 05 March 2012
Featured today is Tim; Footsteps Through the Salad, his book on wildlife and natural phenomena. Conscious of the Supramental Light-Force in the Earth atmosphere commemorated 29 Feb. Banyan Tree morning meditation 6-7 a.m. First sale of wood from cyclone: Rs 133,086 for 87 tons into the Wood Sales Cyclone Relief A/C. Garbology project update: developing curriculum on solid waste for AV and outreach schools. And, 6,057 kg. of waste collected in January 2012. 24.9% was landfilled. Remaining 75.1% recycled.
Wednesday, 22 February 2012
Tim Wrey launched his book 'Footsteps through the Salad' yesterday at Town Hall. The book is a collection of well-researched and interesting articles about the wildlife of Auroville and some of the natural phenomenon associated with the area. It will be available in the bookshops in Auroville and copies will be provided to schools for their libraries. Tim took the opportunity to thank SAIIER, the publisher, and also the people who helped him with material, encouragement, suggestions and feedback.
Thursday, 16 February 2012
In today's news we feature interview with Shivaraj, of the village Kottakarai, who is the man behind the Martuvam Healing Forest. On February 13 an electrical fire burnt down his family's home where he grew up and where his mother now lives. No person was harmed in the fire, but the house and everything inside is completely gone. On Sunday 19th between 10am to 1pm at Deepanam School we are all invited to the Big Bazaar, and about this fundraising event for the benefit of the horses with talked with Falguni - teacher, about it.
Tuesday, 14 February 2012
Todays interview is wih Aurovilian Kayananda, enthusiatic about the OM choir experience. Its Pongal, celebrated all over India! It began as a farmers festival, but has become a national festival. Bhogi: discarding old things; homes cleaned and decorated. Rice with fresh milk is boiled to overflowing, offered to the Sun God in gratitude for the harvest. Maattu honors cows: they are washed, horns painted brightly, flowers round their necks. Kanu Pidi : girls feed the crows, praying for their brothers: a time of gratitude and family reunions. Read more
Monday, 16 January 2012
Aurovilian Anna Maria Pezetta passed into the Light this morning.
Listen to an interview (in Italian) with AnnaMaria made in 2007 click www.aurovilleradio.org/spirituality/the-path/683-societa-di-mutuo-soccorso
Listen to Elisa: Eating without Heating, raw vegan foods. A new Study Group proposing an effective selection process. White Peacock Clay exhibition.
possible. An Artist is not a special kind of person: every person is a special kind of artist: a new workshop.
Wednesday, 02 November 2011
At Ilaignarkal Education Centre a traditional Navaratrhi Doll Show was prepared to mark the celebration of Evolution. In one of the rooms of the centre are displayed many amazing figurines and dolls from the rich spiritual Indian tradition. There are various and many practices depending on the part of India, including pujas, paryers, special food items to honour the Celebration of Evolution. Janaki guided us through, explaining different meanings and manners of the gods and godesses. Meenakshi did her usual annual special offering.
Wednesday, 05 October 2011